Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, December 20, 2010

Running on Empty

Tonight I feel a little lost, and empty.  It’s sort of a strange sensation; one that I haven’t felt in a long time.

I had the most wonderful weekend.  I left work on Friday evening, and went to get my daughter Lilli from her Mom’s place. 

When I got there, she was dressed up in the most beautiful outfit ever.  She likes to do up her own style, and fashion, much like her mother.

We left her Mom’s place, and headed to Baton Rouge for a Xmas party being held by a few old co-workers. 

Lilli chose her usual BBQ ribs from the kids menu, while I opted for the Baton Rouge Burger - 8 oz of Angus beef, with smokehouse bacon and melted Monterey Jack cheese.  It was like a party in my mouth, and everyone was invited.  Amazing. 

After dinner, we went out to shop for a gift for my mother’s 60th birthday.  Lilli and I were able to find a really nice foot bath set.  We weren’t sure if it was an ideal gift, but she wound up really liking it.
 
Sat afternoon was spent at my mothers place.  Her, my brother and I all hung out together.  We had a wonderful chat about life, happiness, and what it all ‘means’  I found it quite engaging, and left there feeling on top of the planet.

That evening I went to my Ottawa Academy of Martial Arts Christmas party.  I spent the evening with a REALLY good gang of people.  We had all you can eat fajitas, as well as a variety of desserts, and coffee.  We wrapped it up, and I went home at a VERY late 3:30am. 

I got up early Sunday morning, to go get Lilli…  I picked her up; went shopping at the mall for a bit and then headed back home.  We hung out here, played topple, and goofed around on the computer.  I was feeling pretty beat, and a little impatient, so I had a snooze.

When I got up however, I felt a little shorter fused then normal, and kind of grumpy.  It could have been that I hadn’t eaten properly that day, and that the nap had thrown me off, but it wasn’t a very good feeling. 

We finally took her back to her Mom’s place, and I went back home.

I still couldn’t seem to shake this feeling of annoyance.  Oddly enough it seems MUCH better after writing all this down…  I think I just need more rest.

Things I’ve discovered while writing this:

  • I definitely don’t do so well if I don’t get enough sleep.
  • I didn’t take the time to meditate at all this weekend; perhaps my chakras are clogged up?
  • Taking the necessary time for me, and my needs is important, and required for proper mood control.

That’s it folks… Thanks for ‘listening’… until tomorrow morning.

Matt



No comments: